We went into DeFuniak Springs and found Lake Defuniak in Chipley Park. It's one of only two known round spring-fed lakes in the world. An underground spring and a natural underground outlet makes the lake possible. The lake is one mile in circumference and sixty feet deep. Marsha and I walked around the lake. Ten we drove Circle Drive and discovered the Majestic Magnolia tree. I'd love to see it in bloom.
We ate lunch at Bogey's, then went back to camp where I struck up a conversation with fellow camper, Bill Saathoff from Gregory, SD. We met Bill and Marilyn the other night at the ice cream social. He suggested that when we go to Hill City next September, we eat at the Alpine Inn. Bill is an artisan who cuts coins as a hobby and manages to make a few bucks at it. There are a few samples of his work in the pictures below. Marsha bought a pair of Liberty dime earrings, an Illinois quarter and Denali National Park quarter. All of Bill's work is done by hand. No electricity involved.
Then we ended up visiting with Clark & Sally and Ron & Tammy from Ft. Walton, FL. They had a pot full of seafood gumbo and a big loaf of homemade bread. It was delicious. Hope we run into them again. Great fun!
We're heading north in the morning, so hard telling if/when I'll post again. It's been a great trip. Hope you enjoyed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment