Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

2013 - Mar 14 Evening Along the Myakka River

We drove about 35 miles to the O'Brien Family Farm, which is down the road from Manatee State Park where we camped for the last two years when we were in this area. We topped off a late lunch with some of Obrien's home made strawberry shortcake. Sorry - I didn't take any pictures this time, but there are some on last year's post.

At Obrien's, Marsha bought some of their "Traffic Jam" for spreading on toast, some honey, and some oranges. When we got back to camp, we strolled down the road and over to the bank of the Myakka River which runs just behind our campground. There are several pictures of gators that I tool there. There were two gators near each other and one of them growled at the other. I thought we were going to have a territorial conflict, but no such luck.

Later, I was standing about eight feet from the water when the larger of the two gators swam to shore and came partially up on the bank. Only about 7 feet of him was out of the water, but by that time, I was on top of a picnic table!

We walked back to camp and got in the car to drive down to Big Flats Campground to partake in the ice cream social. While we were there, I took some shots of the sunset and that comet that's been visible for the past few evenings.

That's about it for today!























No comments: