Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

2013 - Mar 11 Hanging around Myakka River State Park

We drove the three miles down the park road to the concession area where they have a restaurant, gift shop, air boat tours, tram tours, etc. We had lunch and used the Wi-Fi while we were there. Then hung around and watched the gators for a while.

We walked the Canopy Trail around to the Canopy Walkway and Tower. It's used to study the forest canopy as well as serving as a tourist attraction.

About 4:00, we drove to the park's north gate, then the 4.5 miles to Marsha's Aunt Jo & Uncle Art's house. If we had gone out the south (main) gate, it would have been a 27 mile trip! Art stopped on his way home from town and got a couple of pizzas, so it was pizza and beer for supper. I think granddaughter, Sydney, had grape soda! After that, Marsha & Joe visited in the screen room while Art and I retired to his man cave, a pole barn where he keeps his toys, camper, workshop, and the mother load of Miller Lite.

The women finally came out to the shop to see if we were still alive. The four of use visited for another hour and Marsha and I headed back to camp. I stopped at the lake to try to get a picture of some gator eyes in the dark. The one below is the best I could do.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so we're not sure what we'll be doing, but we'll keep you posted.


























No comments: