We left St. Joseph Peninsula SP a bit after 8:00 this morning and headed for Lakewood Park on Britton Hill, outside of DeFuniak Springs, near Paxton, FL. Got that? It was the high point of our Florida tour. That's because it's the highest point in Florida - 345 ft. above sea level! After global warming melts the polar ice caps, this will probably be the only inhabitable area in the state of Florida.
After Britton Hill, it was just a lot of windshield time - a total of 510 miles of it today. We pulled into Henry Horton State Park, near Chapel Hill, TN at 6:00 and set up the camper. We stopped here on our way home from Florida on June 28, 2009, my birthday. Nice park. We've been hanging around waiting for the ranger to check us in, but he hasn't come by. Last time we were here, we ate hot dogs for my birthday dinner, so this time we are going to head for the restaurant, here in the park, and let the ranger catch us later. I'll be back.
~
~
We're back from dinner. We walked in there about 7:30 and had the place to ourselves. The food was good, but I hope tonight wasn't indicative of their normal crowd or they're losing a ton of money.
Well, enjoy the pictures, such as they are. It's 9:00 now, and I'm going to turn in early so we can make it home at a decent hour tomorrow. Looks like it could rain on us quite a bit of the way.
I'll post when I can!
*
*3/22:
I didn't get a chance to post this until we got home at about 5:15PM today after a 433 mile drive. We left the park this morning at 9:00 and pretty much headed for the barn. A few rain showers between Nashville, TN and Marion, IL washed most of the pollen, salt spray and other loose stuff off of the car and the camper.
It was a great trip for us. Hope you enjoyed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment