Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

2012 - Mar. 16 - Our First Day in St. Joseph Peninsula State Park

Got up this morning and saw that we had a new neighbor with a real cool folding bike. This bike might just fit our needs!

An older gentleman and his wife asked to tour our camper. He's almost 90 years old and they are camping in a tent. He said it takes them five hours to set up camp and five hours to break camp. They are looking for something more simple. He was excited about our camper. They are from Evanston, IL, so I told him to go to Danny's Campers where we bought ours. He was so fired up I thought he was going to leave this morning!

We walked down to site 85 (we're in 97) and visited with Charlie and Carol. He was sick for a while last summer, but other than that, life has been good since we met them last year at Anastasia SP! They invited us over for wine and cheese Sunday evening. We told them we'd work it into our busy schedule. ;-))

We took a long walk on the beach this afternoon. There was a guy surf fishing with two lines in the water, but the poles were about 25 yards apart. We walked past him and the first pole and as we approached the second pole, it started bouncing around. I hollered and told him he got a pretty good hit on this one. He yelled for me to set the hook. I grabbed the pole, set the hook, and started reeling. I had the fish on the beach by the time he got to me. It was a nice Whiting. First fish I've caught in years!

We got back from out walk about 5:00 and started the charcoal. Burgers, beans and chips were the fare. Really tasted good in this fresh salt air!

After the dishes were done, we walked over to the beach to watch another sunset. Then it was back to camp to stare at the fire for a while before going inside to type this blog entry. I think we're going to try to find a WiFi hotspot tomorrow, so stay tuned!













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally got around to looking at your photos and blog! Loved all the sunset shots! Glad you're having a good time! You both look GREAT!
Not much new here...waiting for 4/4when he'll had PET scan and get results!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Make that haVE PET scan