Marsha was up early this morning, but I rolled out about 9:00 and headed for the shower. I got back to camp and ate breakfast, then went out and chatted with the neighbor for a while.
The the chewed up tire that I posted the other day turned out to be a case of tire failure. The guy had AAA come out and change it this morning and, upon closer inspection, we could see that there was severe tread separation and fractured steel belts. I still like the story about a vicious tire eating critter that invaded camp and did the damage.
The other day when we got to the park, the right wheel hub on the camper was REALLY hot and I could smell hot brakes when I got out of the car. We had just stopped for gas about ten miles back and everything was fine. Between the gas stop and the campground I had to hit the brakes pretty hard to stop when a light suddenly turned red. So, today after breakfast, I jacked up the right side of the camper and spun the wheel. It looked and sounded OK. Maybe the brakes stuck when I stomped on them and freed themselves when I backed into the campsite. Even though I greased the wheel bearings before we left home, I gave them another shot today, just for good measure.
We chilled the two wild oranges we found on yesterday's hike and ate them after lunch. They were pretty sour and tough inside; mostly juice and seeds. The smaller of the two contained 34 seeds! I guess that's what you gotta do when you don't have a fruit farmer to help ensure the survival of your descendants.
~
Nap time.
~
After my nap, we walked around the campground, then drove down to the Cypress Swamp just to see how far it was. Two miles, just what I thought. On the way back, we saw a litter of piglets foraging along he side of the road.
We bought some firewood on the way back to camp so we could have a fire on our last night here. After a nice steak dinner, we sat around the fire. Wow! It's 10:45. Time for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment