Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

2012 - Mar. 01 - Another Walk in the Park

This morning as I was coming back from the shower house, my neighbor was pointing to some something under his rather large (compared to our Aliner) 5th wheel camper. When he saw me, he motioned to me to come over and asked if I had ever seen anything like this. I had not! See the picture below of the large area on his tire where rubber used to be! He has been camped in the same spot since January 1 and just noticed the missing rubber and exposed steel belts, some of which were also chewed apart. He stood back, scratching his chin and said, "Looks like road hazard to me." I said, "good luck with that!"

After the pancake and home made biscuit breakfast, we visited with neighbors for a while and conducted a couple of tours of our camper before setting out on our hike at about noon. We passed by some of the trails we hiked on Tuesday and found new ones to explore. The Cypress Swamp is at the far end of the park, at least two miles from camp. So, we walked the four-mile round trip plus several trails. We got back to camp about 3:30, so here I am.

No time for a nap before the spaghetti dinner at 5:00, so I'm just filling the time drinking beer. More later!
~
~
It's 6:10 and we're back from the Spaghetti dinner and have driven to the Chamber of Commerce office to see if, unlike the other two places we've tried in this town, they have decent Internet speed. So here goes!































No comments: