We got up early, at 6:30, today and headed over to Scot's house. It's about seven miles by boat, but about 27 miles by road. After a breakfast of peanut butter and banana sandwiches, Scot and I headed for the attorney's office to sign some papers while Marsha stayed at the house to do our laundry.
After we left the attorney, we went by the DMV (sign on the building says TAX COLLECTOR) to make sure I include all of the correct paperwork when I sell my dad's car in Illinois. Scot also found out that it will cost him over $400 to get his Florida license plates (tax collector)!
Then it was back to Barefoot Bay to get the water & sewer bill transferred to Scot's name. After lunch, we were off to the stock broker's office to sign some papers to get what little stock (two companies) my dad had, transferred to Scot and me.
Back at the house, we called Florida Power and Light to get the electric bill transferred to Scot's name. With that, we've done all we can do until the attorney says we can transfer the deed to the house to Scot. That will happen about mid-May. After that, I'm done!
So, after a hard day's work, Marsha and I stopped by Outriggers for a beer and some of their famous wings. Good stuff! That's about it for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment