Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

2013 - Sept 8 Museum with Jim & Bonnie, Crazy Horse Memorial

We putzed around the campground this morning and I went to the office to use their Wi-Fi to post yesterday's activities. I'll probably do that again tomorrow.

The day started out pretty cloudy, but was sunny and nice by the time we picked up Jim and Bonnie at about 11:00 and went into Hill City for lunch. We visited a few shops before going to the museum. Then we headed for the Crazy Horse Memorial.

Just to give you an idea of the size of the Crazy Horse sculpture, the entire Mt. Rushmore sculpture would barely cover Crazy Horse's head! June 3 of this year was the 65th anniversary of the first of the many blasts needed to get the sculpture to its present state. Many more to come.

We had dinner back at the campground just before the threatening skies opened up and it rained heavily for a couple of hours. We got back to the camper about 9:30 and here I am at the keyboard. 

Did I mentioin that the Wi-Fi at Crooked Creek RV Resort in Hill City, SD sucks?

















l





No comments: