Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

2013 - Sept 06 Gering, NE to Hill City, SD

Well, it was pretty routine until we got caught in a hail storm about seven miles from our destination, Crooked Creek RV Park in Hill City, SD. We pulled over to the side of the road and watched the hail accumulate and the temperature drop from 87 to 58 in about 5 minutes. The hail stones were only about dime-sized, but later we heard that two nights ago down in Custer, they had baseball-sized hail. That size leaves a mark! Only damage we had was a shredded spare tire cover on the back of the camper.

They're supposed to be doing a "blast" on Crazy Horse Memorial tonight, but, so far, nothing. We passed it on the way in. It's only a couple of miles away, so I'm sure we'll hear it.

Not sure how many Aframe campers are here, but it's supposed to be over twenty. I'll try to get a final count for you later.

We sat around the campfire for a while and headed for the camper. Breakfast is at 8:00 in the morning. I've got to get to be early if I'm going to get up that early!

BTW, it's almost fraudulent for this campground to claim that they have Wi-Fi Internet access. It's REALLY painful, so I don't know what kind of success I'll have when I try to post.













No comments: