Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

2013 - Sept 13 Hanging around Eagle RV Park

Got up this morning to a drizzling rain. I decided it would be a good thing to check my bearing installation and try to find a replacement for the grease cap we lost along the highway. Jim and I jumped in the car about 8:00 (yes, I was up, showered and ate breakfast by then) and found all the stuff I needed, including the grease caps and an extra tube of Lucas Red and Tacky II grease!

We got back to the campground and, with the help of Gail, we checked both wheel bearings for tightness, installed the replacement grease cap, and regreased both sets of bearings. Soon, the sun was shining and things were looking up.

Jim, formerly of Springfield, now from Colorado Springs, brought some venison, so we put it on the Cobb Grill while the rest of the rally was eating brats. I think we had the better meal!

After dinner, we did the dishes and took some tome to visit before retiring to the camper. It wasn't a very eventful day, but at least, I finished up all of my repairs If the weather cooperates, we're going exploring tomorrow, so stay tuned.




















No comments: