Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

2012 - Sept 8 Luncheon Cruise on Lake George

We left the campground at 10:45am headed to the Village of Lake George, about 15 miles north of the campground. We boarded the Lac Du Saint Sacrement, the largest ship in the Lake George Steamboat Company's fleet. We enjoyed a buffet lunch while cruising Lake George. As usual, the pictures don't do it justice, but it was beautiful.

As I said in an earlier post, there is a car show in the village of St. George this weekend. After the cruise, we drove thru town on our way back to the campground and saw lots of real nice cars. Someone said there are about 4,000 custom cars there.

It's about 4:30pm as I type this and it's raining like crazy. It just started about 15 minutes ago and there are severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watches in the area. We're supposed to have a potluck dinner at 6:00, so I hope the rain stops by then.

Not much more to report. I'll be back later to finish this post.
*
*
*
The potluck dinner started promptly at 6:00, just as the rain was ending. Marsha's Pumpkin Dessert got wiped out! It was delicious! We won a bottle of Rufus Teague Touch O' Heat Sauce in the door prize drawing. Can't wait to try it. I've heard that it's one of the best out there.


There are still weather warnings in the area until 10:00pm, but it looks like it's all clear where we are. So I'm going to relax a bit and watch TV. Enjoy the pictures.



























No comments: