Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

2011 - Dec. 15 - Helicopter Flight in Lihue, Kauai

This morning, we took a 50 minute helicopter ride around the island of Kauai. It was fabulous! At one point we were surrounded by a 360 degree rainbow. It would have been hard to get a picture of it even if I had had the time. I did get some pretty good pictures, considering that there were taken thru the glass windows of the helicopter. Initially, I posted the pictures without many captions, but I have now watched the video of our flight and matched pictures up with the pilot's description of what we saw. Enjoy!

After the flight, we walked around the Lihue beachfront and bought a few (more) things to take home. Then we ate lunch on the outdoor upper level of the Kalapaki Beach Hut. Pretty nice view! After that, we walked around the beach and back to the pier and decided to take the free shuttle to Walmart. Not a Super Walmart, so they didn't have the grocery item we were looking for (Bran Buds), so we caught the next shuttle back to the ship, went to our cabin, opened a bottle of wine, and relaxed on our balcony.

Next thing we knew, it was time for Happy Hour, so we headed for the Aloha Lanai Bar for half price Mai Tais and Sangrias. Whoopee! Then it was dinner time, so we went to one of the specialty restaurants called Little Italy. Food was great and we ate too much of it. We brought half of a 10 inch (more like 14) pizza, the appetizer, back to our cabin. I have no idea what we're going to do with it!

So, here we are. We leave port tomorrow afternoon and head back toward Honolulu for arrival early Friday morning, the 17th.

Later!





























































































No comments: