Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2011 - Dec. 13 - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

We got to "sleep in" this morning. Didn't have to meet for the tour until 8:20AM! We toured several locations on the way to Volcanoes National Park, most of them having to do with volcanoes. The weather was overcast, but not raining this morning. We got back to the ship about 1:30 without getting wet. It's about 5:00 now with rain and fog outside, but the temperature is 65 degrees, fairly cool, but warmer than it is back home!

We haven't gone to dinner yet, so I won't close this post until after we get back, in case something exciting happens, but it's doubtful. Things are pretty laid back in this part of the world.

It's now 11:00 and we've had dinner and something exciting DID happen. The fire god, Pele, treated us to the first eruption of Kilauea in months! I told Marsha that I arranged it, but I don't think she bought it. As you look at the pictures, keep in mind that we were several miles off shore on a pitching deck and my camera was at 24X optical zoom. I took a bunch of shots and I got just a few decent ones. Enjoy!

See you tomorrow in Kona - Same island, different port.

















































No comments: