We left the Gettysburg Campground about 9:30 this morning, headed for Ole Bull State Park near Cross Fork, PA. We drove 208 miles northward thru the Allegheny Mountains, some of the most beautiful scenery east of the Rockies.
Joe and Loretta were already here because they didn't go to the Gettysburg rally. Tom & Faye and Mark & Diane also showed up this afternoon, so we're having a mini-rally! Loretta had a slow cooker full of chili, so we ate at her place. I bought some firewood from the campground and we had a nice fire before heading for our campers at about 9:00. It's 43 degrees out now, but it's supposed to get into the low 30s tonight. We'll see!
Word is, there's been a bear in the campground during the last few nights. We saw all kinds of food sitting on people's tables this evening, so we'll see what the word is in the morning. You just can't fix stupid! I've got my bear spray at the ready, just in case!
Tomorrow we're going exploring. More to come. No cell service or Internet here, so I'll post when I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment