We got away from Koreshan State Park plenty early today, so we stopped at a McDonald's to use the Wi-Fi. As usual, we ended up eating lunch there before heading north on I-75 toward Lake Manatee State Park.
We arrived at Lake Manatee around 2:00 to find our friend Dennis Archer in the site next to ours. No, it wasn't a coincidence. We planned to meet here. Dennis' wife, Susie, will be flying in later in the week to keep him company during the remainder of his Florida camping tour.
In case you don't "get" the caption on the picture of the dove, we witnessed the pair "mating for life," but by the time I got the camera out he had flown the coop!
Wayne and Carolyn Wells showed up at 3:30, also a planned meeting. Each couple ate dinner at their campsite, then we all gathered at our site for a bit of socializing before turning in at about 10:00.
Tomorrow we're going to do some exploring, including a trip to WalMart for some supplies.
1 comment:
I love Animal Stories.
Bird gonna be ok Uncle Gar???
Mark M
Post a Comment