Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

2015 Feb 06 & 07 - Arrive at Ft. De Soto Park & Cousin Alan's House

We arrived at Ft. De Soto Park, a county park in St. Petersburg, late on Friday afternoon. While setting up, a couple of guys, both named Pat Johnson(!), came by and told us that they had determined that ours was some kind of a "stealth camper" and needed to be investigated. After they had thoroughly investigated the camper, we went to their site and investigated the boat that Pat #2 was building. I forgot to take a picture of it, but it was a cute 17 foot miniature tug boat looking thing.
Afterward, we came back to the camper and after (during) cocktails, had a wonderful dinner of Hamburger Helper. It was getting too late to build a fire and all that stuff.

On Saturday morning, we showered, ate breakfast, and attempted to use the Wi-Fi down at the camp store. I didn't know it then, but it turned out that the new VPN software that I'm trying out wouldn't let email go out. Anyway, about 11:45, my brother Scot showed up after a three hour+ drive from his house on the other coast. After he checked out the camper, we headed for our cousin Alan's house in New Port Richie, about 1.25 hours north.

Alan, his wife Alex, and daughter Lory prepared a fabulous Greek dinner with roast lamb, shish kabobs, and a bunch of other stuff, the names of which I can't remember, let alone pronounce. Our cousin John, whom I hadn't seen in over 45 years, and his wife, Irene, were also there. They now live in Florida about 90 minutes from Alan.

So, anyway, most of the pictures in this post are of the festivities at Alan and Alex's house on the Gulf. Enjoy!





















No comments: