Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

2013 - April 26 Official 1st Day of the AOC South Central Region Rally

The guy Mike found who said he would split the wood that Clark and I harvested yesterday never showed up, so that was my first chore of the day. Then Mike and a few helpers, including me, loaded the wood into the back of his Jeep and moved it over to John & Amy's site where the wiener roast would be held tonight.

Even though we were assigned to bring a dish only for the weiner roast, I volunteered to scramble eggs for tomorrows breakfast if the AOC would buy the eggs. After getting the OK from Mike, the Regional Director, Marsha and I went to the park's General Store and bought four dozen eggs, a half gallon of milk and a bag of ice. We put all of the above into our cooler bag to stay cool until tomorrow's breakfast.

Unfortunately, the wood I split was slightly damp, so we had to work all afternoon to get a good fire going. By piling extra wood on the fire, it had a chance to dry out and start burning before the existing fire burned out. So, by five o'clock, we had a nice fire and there was no problem roasting dogs.

It started spitting rain shortly after we ate, so the crowd started thinning out. There were some who stayed at the fire and shot the breeze until about 9:30. Soon it was raining steadily, so I went back to the camper and drifted off to sleep while listening to the rain on the roof.

Not a lot of pictures today. I'll try to do better. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Photos, looks like lovely area to camp.