Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

2013 - April 24 & 25 Arrival and Day 1 at Fall Creek Falls State Park, TN

4/24:
We left Big Bone Lick at about 9:30 and drove 305 miles in the rain to arrive at Fall Creel Falls State Park, TN at about 3:30. It was still drizzling rain and getting colder by the time we got set up, so we had a nice hot bowl of soup and a sandwich before settling in for the night.


4/25:
Clark, the camp host offered to cut some wood foe our group's weiner roast, si he and I went into the woods. He cut and I stacked the wood into the back of his four-wheeler. After we dumped the wood off at our campsite, he offered his splitting maul so that I could split some of the logs. As of this writing (9:20pm), I'm still trying to find someone to use the maul.


We have intermittent phone service at the campground, but I walked to the top of a hill and got enough of a signal to get a voice message. We went to the Inn where they are closer to a cell tower and returned the call. After that, one thing lead to another and we ended up spending the afternoon driving around the park and taking in a few sights.

When we pulled over at Caplenor Point, there were a couple of trucks and a backhoe on a trailer. When we got out of the car, Larry Wells, President of Wireless Properties came up and informed us that ours was the first vehicle to use the new pull-off area that they had just finished building. He took our picture and our names to use in some advertising. I'll have to check their website to see if we're famous!

Even though the rally doesn't officially start until tomorrow, there are eleven A-Frames here already. We spent the evening visiting a few old friends and meeting some new ones. It was a nice day!































No comments: