I saw our chambermaid working her way toward our room. I checked my money clip and found that all the Mexican money I had left was 120 pesos. I gave it to her and said, "Todo muy bueno." I think I said, "Everything very good." We had heard that the chambermaids make 76 pesos per day and they work ten hour days, so the 120 pesos ($10.00) I gave her made her smile.
We caught the bus at 10:30 for the thirty minute ride to the airport. We got there three hours before flight time, but by the time we checked our bags, got our boarding passes, and went through Immigration, we only had about an hour to wait. We got a sandwich and a drink at the snack bar before boarding the plane.
Our flight time was about thirty minutes less that the flight to Huatulco, but I had time to watch the movie Trouble With the Curve with Clint Eastwood, then grab a short nap.
We caught the Marriott shuttle back to our car and were on the road toward home at 7:00. A short stop at the grocery store for milk and few other necessities had us poking the garage door opener at 9:15.
We had a great time, but as always, it's good to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment