With the temperatures near 100 degrees, I took the vent covers off the fridge to get more air circulation to cool it off. Then we started making plans to travel to higher altitudes for cooler weather.
We drove to the Alluvial Fan on the Old Falls River Road, then kept going up to the visitors center on the one-way dirt road. Lots of pictures, so I'll let you look. Oh, An alluvial fan is a fan-shaped deposit formed where a fast flowing stream flattens, slows, and spreads typically at the exit of a canyon onto a flatter plain. Enjoy!
P.S. I forgot to mention that when we tried to get back to the campground, we were turned back by police due to a fire that started on the edge of Estes Park. We were able to get into Estes Park and go to McDonald's to use the Wi-Fi to keep tabs on the fire. After a few hours, we were allowed back into the campground, but not before the fire had destroyed 21 homes. It was started by one of those home owners burning trash!
No comments:
Post a Comment