After that, the rest of the day was kind of anticlimactic. The pancake breakfast was good. The ice cream social was good. The "Cooking Outside the Pointy Box" (an Aliner) seminar was good. We covered solar cooking, cooking on a Cobb Grill, dutch oven cooking, and induction cooking. From the comments we received, everyone learned a little something.
The Mexican Dinner and entertainment was very good. There were many door prizes given out. Marsha and I topped the evening off with a late night cocktail at Jim & Jan's campsite.
Thursday began with another pancake breakfast, the Marsha and I went to town to pick up ice and a few supplies in preparation for heading to Rocky Mountain National Park on Friday to camp for three days at high altitude with no hookups. We were back for an informal lunch of leftover Mexican from last night's dinner.
After lunch, it was more ice cream, then we attended a DIY (Do It Yourself) seminar where we learned about the care and maintenance of an Aliner camper. First thing we knew, it was dinner time followed by more entertainment and door prizes. We won a collapsible bucket and I got a hat from Australia, but I had to eat Vegemite (look it up) from Australia to get it. Eating Vegemite is not a pleasant experience!
Of course, in between each of the above events, there was plenty of socializing and camaraderie.
Tomorrow (Friday) we will do laundry before packing up and heading for Rocky Mountain National Park. See you there!




No comments:
Post a Comment