Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2012 - Feb. 28 - A Walk in the Park

We awoke to a beautiful sunny morning. We got over two inches of rain last night. After we tidied up around the outside of the camper from all of the rainstorm's "splash-up," I installed the new electrical cable and returned the one I had borrowed from the neighbor. Then we headed out to do some exploring along the many trails in the park.

We walked the first trail which ended on a road. As we were walking down the road to find the next trail head, a bobcat came out of the swamp and trotted across the road about thirty yards in front of us. A rare sighting, especially during daylight hours. He didn't hang around to pose for pictures. We hiked a few more trails, never seeing an alligator, which are supposed to be plentiful here. However, we did see a Yellow Crowned Night Heron, another normally nocturnal species, and later, a Great Egrit.

We stopped by the Civilian Conservation Corps. (CCC) Museum. Pretty interesting. Those young men worked their butts off for $25.00 per month!

It was about 3:15 when we got back to the camper, so we decided to get the grill out and cook a late lunch/early hamburger dinner. While I was firing up the charcoal, a raccoon went trotting by. What was he doing out this time of day? I don't think he was foaming at the mouth.


So, now, dinner's over and the dishes are done. Marsha is back from her shower and I think I'll head down the road to Mickey D's and post the stuff from the past week!






















No comments: