My brother, Scot, got to his motel in Melbourne late on Tuesday, 2/21 after driving straight through from Columbus, OH. Marsha and I took Dad to Melbourne on Wednesday for his 8:30am cataract surgery appointment. The surgery was over with by 10:30 and we took Dad home. It was almost comical listening to him exclaim how bright the colors were and how much better he could see every-day things - like traffic lights!
Scot met us at Dad's and we all stuck around for the day while Dad napped and dozed and napped. We got the Cobb Grill out and cooked a pork loin for dinner. Marsha fixed a salad and corn. Everyone enjoyed the meal.
Thursday, Marsha and I walked the mile or so to the 2002 Cafe and met Scot for breakfast. After some visiting time at the house, it was back to Melbourne for Dad's post-surgery checkup. All was well. He asked the surgeon if she could do the other eye "tomorrow," but he'll have to wait until March 14th for that.
On Friday, the three of us met for breakfast again, then that afternoon, the guys went to one of the recreation centers in Barefoot Bay and shot pool with Dad's cronies while Marsha stayed home and got ready to go to dinner with her cousins. The most you can lose in one of their games is $.50. I think I did that twice and paid smaller amounts after each of the other games.
After saying our good-byes to Scot, who was heading home early Saturday morning, We headed for Palm Bay to meet Leroy and Mary Anne at their house, then drove to a biker bar to meet Mary Anne's sister. Marge and her husband Tom. They and their friends, John & Teri were riding their Harleys. After a good meal and a few beers, and good conversation, the bikers went down the road and we went back to Leroy & Mary Anne's for a visit.
I slept in on Saturday morning. The afternoon found Dad and me shooting pool again while Marsha stayed home and watched the Daytona Nationwide 300. I think I won enough that day to come out with a net gain from shooting pool.
More lounging, then out to Wendy's for "dinner." Dad likes Wendy's almost as well as Burger King, which is where we had lunch on Thursday.
Sunday (today) was laundry day, in preparation for going camping when we leave Dad's tomorrow. Prior to doing laundry, Marsha and I went to McDonald's to grab some Internet time and a cup of coffee. After that, we went to Walmart to print a picture of Adi and Grayson for Dad. The afternoon was spent doing laundry. More lounging.
Adi had a gymnastics meet in Monticello this weekend. We got a text from Chad saying that she made a clean sweep. She took first place in all three events, trampoline, double mini trampoline, and tumbling! As Chad said, she was "stoked." They gave her an extra large 4th trophy for sweeping the event.
Well, tomorrow it's off to Highlands Hammock State Park in Sebring. More from there, but I can't promise it will be as exciting as this post, but we'll tell you about it anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment