On Sunday, we hung around the park. I went down the road to a bar called Gator's to use their WiFi. Of course, I had to have a couple of beers while I was there.
Monday, we went to Germain Honda of Naples for an oil change. I had a 1:30 appointment. I got there at 1:00. It was done at 2:30. Not bad! Better than Honda of Illinois - where I bought the truck! After the oil change, we came back to the park and did laundry. The washers and dryers were "credit card only." First time we've seen that! No coin mechanism, no coins to collect. Makes sense!
Monday, we went to Germain Honda of Naples for an oil change. I had a 1:30 appointment. I got there at 1:00. It was done at 2:30. Not bad! Better than Honda of Illinois - where I bought the truck! After the oil change, we came back to the park and did laundry. The washers and dryers were "credit card only." First time we've seen that! No coin mechanism, no coins to collect. Makes sense!
I needed to make a camping reservation in Florida for February 27 of next year, so the plan was to go to a WiFi location just after midnight Tuesday morning (one year ahead of the arrival date) and get the jump on others trying to book a site for the same day. Long story short - looks like Gator's and Walmart (10 miles away) shut their WiFi off when they close. I called the campground at 8:00am and they had no sites available for a year from today. I called our second choice, Long Point, where we stayed a week ago, and they had a few sites, so I booked one.
After a breakfast of omelettes in a bag, we drove about eight miles in the opposite direction from Walmart to Fakahatchee Strand Preserve State Park where we walked their boardwalk back into the swamp. It was about a mile, round trip and we saw lots of birds, snakes, and a couple of big gators.
Back at Collier Seminole, after lunch and a nap (Hey! I was up late!) we took a bike ride around the park. Had to take some picks of the Bay City Walking Dredge even though I posted some the last time we were here. Pretty cool technology for 1924!
No comments:
Post a Comment