Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

2015 Dec 06 & 07 - First 2 full days on the water going to Aruba


I slept in on Sunday morning while Marsha went to breakfast. I finally got out of the sack about 10:30 and went to breakfast at about 11:30. Marsha went with me and had lunch. As we left the buffet, we noticed the Norwegian Escape cruising along side us. It looked like it was about two miles away, but I'm no judge of distance over water.

After breakfast/lunch we explored the ship a little, then went back to the cabin (stateroom) for a while. At 3:00, we went to happy hour at the Wheelhouse bar. They had "buy one, get one for a dollar" for an actual hour! Back in the room, we were gradually getting ready for dinner when we noticed some kind of land mass through the distant fog. We checked the ship's location on the map on TV and found that we were running along the coast of Cuba. Cool!

After dinner, we went shopping for a cork screw so we can open wine in our room. Now, as I type this, the ship's evening movie is on TV. It's Trainwreck. I'm hearing a whole bunch of profanity and sexual sounds, so I think I'll end this now and pick it up again tomorrow evening -- maybe.

On Monday morning, Marsha went to Zumba class while I showered. After locating the laundry room and checking on some other things, we went up on the Lido deck where the pool is, then walked up one more deck and had a burger and a beer for lunch. The ship was rockin' and rollin' so much that the pool water was sloshing out all over the place.

After an afternoon nap, we went to dinner in the Bayou Cafe. Their menu had a Cajun flair and the food was outstanding! By the time we finished dinner, the theater was packed, so we couldn't attend the early show at 8:15, so we went back to the room for a while, then caught the 9:45 show. John Bressler entertained with his excellent piano playing and his witty comedy routine.

Got to get to bed now. We dock in Aruba at 7:00 in the morning.

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty lady is RIGHT!