We drove into town about 2:30 to find the local Mardi Gras Festival in full swing. This morning, before leaving Anastasia State Park, we tried to call for Cumberland Island Ferry reservations, but the office is closed on weekends. So we walked thru the festival to get to the Forest Service office where we were able to get on the list for Monday morning's ferry.
Hopefully, the weather, which is supposed to be rainy tomorrow (Sunday), will clear off for Monday. According to the forecast, we should have decent weather. It would be a real bummer to be stuck on that island all day in nasty weather.
So after we made our reservation, we headed for the campground and got set up. It's a nice campground. It even has cable TV! We had an armadillo in our campsite for a short visit, but we were talking to the neighbors and I didn't get a picture of him. Maybe I'll get another chance while we're here. We grilled steaks for dinner and had a few cocktails around the campfire before settling in for an evening of watching TV.
I have no idea what we're doing tomorrow. Kind of depends on the weather. The stars are out and it's 57 degrees right now, but rain is in the forecast. I'll let you know how it turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment