Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Florida Trip, 2010 - February 10

Went to the library this morning to print out Dad's tax return and e-file it. While I was doing that, Marsha bought ten used paperback books for $.25 each. The taxes transmitted with no problem, but for some reason, I couldn't send or receive email over the library's s-l-o-w Wi-Fi network. That's why I've got a few days of blog entries stacked up waiting to be posted. Probably won't get that done until Friday when we get to Marsha's aunt's house in Bradenton.
The rest of the day was spent doing chores. I fixed the lock on the sliding Florida room door. Then I added some bracing to the railing on the front porch to make it steadier. The third and final chore was fixing the leaky faucet on the kitchen sink. Had to go to Home Depot to get a kit to replace the internal parts of the faucet. It turned out well. No more leaks!
All the while I was doing my chores, Marsha was making a huge pot of Chili. We had some for supper and she put the rest in small containers in the freezer for Dad to eat after we're gone.
After supper, Dad and I went to his Wednesday night Euchre game. There were 31 people playing cards. I managed to get thru the evening without making any REAL stupid plays, but I didn't win any money. The evening's entertainment cost me a whole 50 cents.