Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

2014 Feb 16-21 - Miscellaneous shots around Barefoot Bay

Today is Friday. We leave Monday on our long-scheduled Florida camping tour. Maybe the blog will get a bit more interesting after that. We've slowed our pace a bit, but are still cleaning and fixing stuff around Dad's house.

Tuesday, we went to see the attorney and moved the puck a bit closer to the goal. At least things are starting to move in the right direction. Seems the court approval of my appointment as executor was the big holdup. Nothing much can happen before that.

Wednesday, we went to see a financial advisor/stock broker who is transferring a couple of Dad's stocks to the estate account, and will then transfer them to the beneficiaries (my brother and me). Why it can't be done in one step beats the hell out of me! Anyway, to our great surprise, he's not charging us a dime! He just asked that we pass his name along to anyone who might need his services. So, let me know if you're in need.

Last night, we went to a Mexican restaurant with Marsha's cousins and their husbands. Nice evening. We really enjoy their company.

Today, I used two bottles of Tilex Meldew Remover and scrubbed ten years worth of meldew off of the sunroom ceiling. It's aluminum, so it comes of easily, but, of course, it's all overhead work. No pictures. I just looks like a big whiteboard. I'm too old for this crap!

Oh, I almost forgot. Yesterday, I got a letter from the Barefoot Bay Recreation District - Kind of like an HOA Gestapo - saying that I was in violation of their restrictions that say that I can't park my camper on the property. Funny! This is the fifth year I've done it and the first year I've been honored with a letter. I went to the office and told Heir General that I was leaving on Monday. He checked with the dur Fuehrer and I was granted a special dispensation until then! Grrrrrrr!

Other than that and a few tours of Walmart and Home Depot, we've been riding our bikes and hanging out in the nice warm weather.

Later.












No comments: