Our Alto R1713 in Florida

Our Alto R1713 in Florida
We're lovin' it!

Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

2013 - Feb 20-23 at Dad's House

As we were leaving Crooked River Stat Park, I snapped a picture of the exhibit at the entrance to the submarine base. Pretty cool!

We arrived at Dad's house in Barefoot Bay, FL around 3:30pm on Wednesday. As we pulled up, we saw a couple of fire trucks and an ambulance in front of the house! Upon closer inspection, we saw that Dad's car was not in his carport and the paramedics were there for Manny, Dad's neighbor. As I write this on Saturday, the paramedics are back at Manny's house. Don't know if Manny came home and then had another problem or they're here for Martha. At least there's a little excitement in the neighborhood.

I went next door to see if Maureen would let us park the camper in her driveway again, as we did last year. We she came to the door, she said, "I've been waiting for you. Your space is ready." Nice lady! Her letting us park there sure makes it convenient for us.
My brother, Scot, arrived in Palm Bay from Columbus, OH at about 10:00 on Wednesday night. Thursday morning, Marsha and I walked to the 2002 Cafe down by the golf course and met him for breakfast.

After breakfast, we did Dad's taxes and went down to the library to print them out for his records, but for some reason, I couldn't get to the Internet through the library's Wi-Fi, so we went next door to the Subway and hooked up to transmit his return. While we were at the library Marsha looked over the used book shelves and bought eight books for $2.00.

On Thursday, we called Marsha's cousin, Mary Ann (husband Leroy), who lives in Palm Bay, about 20 miles from Dad's. Her sister, Margaret and her husband, Tom, and their friends John and Terri are here for a while. They're from the Chicago area. So, on Friday the eight of us went to lunch at the Tiki Bar in Sebastian. Tom and John hauled their Harleys down here, so they were riding.

After lunch at 3:30, - Did I mention we ate at a bar? - Marsha and I went back to Mary Ann & Leroy's house for a nice visit, then rushed back to Dad's to watch the season finale of Gold Rush!

So, like I said above, it's Saturday. Marsha, Scot and I met again for breakfast at 9:00 while Dad was asleep. We were back at the house sitting around when Dad rolled out just after 11:00. He gets up earlier when he has company. It's 12:30 now and he's in his chair - see picture. He says it's nap time. Marsha and I plan to run some errands this afternoon, among them being to post this blog entry.

Adi wanted me to post a picture of my brother, Scot, so I did.

Hope this hasn't been too exciting for you. More later!



















No comments: