Thursday's drive from Hardin Ridge was short. Nine campers, usually found together at larger full-blown Gatherings of Aframes, met for a relaxing, totally unorganized get-together in Brown County State Park. The weather was great and we made it out of the park before the deluge on Sunday morning.
Friday was spent walking the streets and shops of Nashville. Only thing I bought was Lexol Leather Cleaner and ice cream cones. There was a Mustang car show near the pool on Saturday where we saw some real sharp cars, then headed about 4 miles east from the north gate of the park to the quaint little town of Gnawbone. There, we ate the best pork tenderloin sandwich I've ever had. The tenderloin was about an inch thick and prepared to perfection.
Saturday evening was the only half-way organized event of the weekend - dinner at the park lodge. The service was terrible and the food was worse. They had a buffet there, but most of the group ordered off the menu. I don't think they ever had that happen before. It was a Chinese fire drill!
Sunday morning, we headed out around 10:00. It wasn't long before the sky opened up and we drove quite a while in some pretty heavy rain. I think it was all over with by the time we hit Terre Haute, so the rest of the drive home was pretty nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment